MMIS Business Analyst (Candidate must have minimum experience of 10 years)
Location: Clemson, SC
Duration: 12+ months
The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for understanding, refining and translating the State’s business requirements for the development and maintenance of its MMIS/MEDS systems. The BA will assist the State by written translation of desired software functionality into well-documented and organized meeting notes, question and answer documents, thorough user stories and the resulting functional design specifications (FDS) documents. Additionally, the BA will assist the State in developing Acceptance Criteria in a way that can be easily adapted to existing software rules engines and structured in a manner that is scalable and sustainable. The BA will work with the team’s business owners, software developers, Technical Communications and project teams to meet these goals and maintain a documented history of every project he or she is responsible for.
Duties and skills include:
• Knowledge of business processes
• A business-oriented vision
• Proven successful strategic planning
• Proven successful user story development
• Business writing expertise (ideally with available samples)
• Experience developing system processes, standards, and strategies
• Ability and desire to educate and train team members in effective system use
• Ability and desire to train team members in effective “Acceptance Criteria” development
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Visio
The BA must posses significant practical experience with the development of business process models and software rules as well as requirements and knowledge base documentation. The BA will help lead the team in transitioning toward a significant process transformation and through this effort will work closely with other BAs, business owners and our development team to implement a strategy that will contribute to our ongoing success, while also making a significant impact on the culture and approach to software development and system implementation. The successful candidate will recognize that the changes contemplated in this project are much more significant than just the system/technology changes and be able to assist the project’s leadership in facilitating material change to organizational culture, processes and systems/technology.
The BA will play an integral role in knowledge base documentation that will support and enforce evolving best practices, project history and team standards.
The Business Analyst role has three major components:
- Establishing and documenting requirements for user stories.
- Writing system design and rules (acceptance criteria and FDS documents) for software development.
- Conducting and documenting rigorous system analysis and information gathering for system customization, and participating with the business, project leadership to influence process, culture and system transformation.
Candidates must display excellence in all above three areas.
- Demonstrated excellence in online documentation development and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience as change agent/leader for major process/system transformation.
- Experience and relentless focus on performance-based process management including ability to recognize key metrics.
- Demonstrated experience using business process modeling as a tool for organizational and process transformation.
- Experience using modern commercial rules engines.
- Experience developing requirements and translating them to various audiences, from business to development.
- Understanding of IT development lifecycle processes including experience working in agile and waterfall environments.
- Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to effectively interact with software developers and system administrators.
- Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
• Knowledge and experience with IBM Curam (HCR and CGIS) or alternate social services platform.
• Knowledge and experience with modern commercial rules engines
• Knowledge and experience with agile methodologies
• Knowledge of healthcare insurance principles and processes
• Medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience
• Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
• Medicaid operations experience
• Public sector and/or academic environment experience is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or related field